Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
9:00am: Cutting the TV Cord: Advanced-Tailoring YOUR Streaming Plan
Monday, November 13, 2023, 9:00 AM until 10:30 AM
Silicon Room (Computer Club Classroom)
Advanced "Cutting the Cord: Tailoring YOUR Streaming Plan"
Designed to help each participant explore & define the best options & actions needed to achieve a streaming set-up tailored to the preferences & needs for their specific household. Unless you are already familiar and experienced with TV streaming, it is highly recommended you first attend the “Cutting the TV Cord: The Basics” class listed on Computer Club website menu of scheduled classes.
Participants complete a quick questionnaire prior to this class to summarize their current & desired ideal viewing set-up, in order to focus class discussion on each participant’s priorities. Although most participants typically have similar situations, class size will be limited to 5 households to ensure adequate attention to each.
Common topics include:
- Internet service:Ensuring adequate bandwidth for streaming.
- Internet services & apps:Recommendations aligned with my viewing objectives?
- Streaming equipment:Streaming devices “smart TV’s” – pro’s & con’s
- Desired features:Recording shows to the “cloud,” avoiding ads, live TV vs. video-on-demand, etc.
- Seasonal homes:Streaming set-up which moves seamlessly between Saddlebrooke & my 2nd home.
- Special individual priorities: Utilizing external speakers or surround sound, importance of access to Tucson local channels, accessing specific sports or cultural events, preferred budget, etc.
- Specific set-up steps required.