Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
1:00pm: Cutting the TV Cord: Best Streaming Options
Monday, November 04, 2019, 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM
Silicon Room (Computer Club Classroom)
612 716-9737 (p)
Registration is closed - Event is full
Cutting the TV Cord: Less cost & more flexibility by streaming TV over the internet
Frustrated by costs, hidden fees, & 2-year contracts associated with cable & satellite TV? Learn the best options for you to use your existing TV’s and internet service to view all your favorite channels with zero reliance on Orbital TV, Dish, or DirecTV. Topics will include:
- Pros & cons of cutting the cord
- Specific steps for setting up streaming TV for your home
- Recommended streaming devices & content services
- Viewing local Tucson channels
- Special streaming strategies for seasonal Saddlebrooke residents
- Cloud-based DVRs & how to avoid commercials
- Options for using a “smart TV” for streaming
- Costs of streaming TV vs. cable/satellite TV
Each class session will also offer optional follow-up 90-minute smaller group sessions for students wanting to discuss their individual situations, needs, and best options in more depth than can be done during the larger full class session. These optional follow-up sessions will occur within approximately 1 week after each scheduled “Cutting the TV Cord” full session.
Important: Helpful cord-cutting resource materials handouts will be available for you to download from the classroom computers, so please remember to bring your thumb drive to your scheduled class in order to download a copy to take home.