Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
01:00 PM Rootsmagic Workshops
You must have a basic understanding of a PC or Mac Operating System
This course is open to new RootsMagic Genealogy students as well as experienced students. Class is open to both PC and Mac students.
The classes will be 1 ½ hours long once a month in June, July, August and September. Each month will cover a different feature of the RootsMagic Genealogy software. You can sign up for all sessions or individual sessions as desired. Each session will be limited to 16 students. Students who sign up for all sessions will have preference over those who sign up for individual sessions.
- How to build your family tree or import from another program.
- Setting Defaults.
- Backing up your database.
- Adding People.
- Explanation of the Main screen views.
- Continue with screen views.
- Opening Multiple Data Bases.
- Editing People.
- Adding facts to people.
- Sources, Citation and Repositories.
- Linking source citations to facts.
- Editing sources and citations.
- Making new source templates.
- Managing Places and Mapping.
- Adding media (file, pictures, sound and video).
- Repair media broken links.
- Publishing reports.
Bring a jump drive (flash drive) to store your tree and the lesson plans.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM
Silicon Room (Computer Club Classroom)