Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
11AM - RootsMagic Genealogy
COURSE PREREQUISITES – You must have a basic understanding of a PC or Mac operating system.
COURSE DESCRIPTION – One 90-minute session weekly for five weeks. Once registered, you can attend all 5 sessions, or if experienced with RootsMagic, any one session as desired.
During this course you will be introduced to basic genealogy processes. Using the RootsMagic program, you will learn how to:
- Session 1 – Get started using RootsMagic, set defaults, import trees, build your own family tree, and learn the various views available.
- Session 2 – Move around the Main Screen, edit people, add/edit facts.
- Session 3 – Enter sources, with citations and repositories. Use the Place options.
- Session 4 – Add media, such as pictures or documents. Develop various reports for publication.
- Session 5 – Use WebHints, FamilySearch and Ancestry TreeShare.
COURSE MATERIALS – You will need a personal flash or jump drive for transporting files between the classroom and home. We will use the classroom PCs or Macs with the latest version of RootsMagic installed.
If you have the program installed on your laptop, you can use that. The instructor is not extremely familiar with Mac computers, so you must know the Mac operating system.
Revised: 16 May 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 11:00 AM until 12:30 PM
Silicon Room (Computer Club Classroom)
is temporarily unavailable
Registration cancellations will be accepted