COURSE NAME – Basic PC Operations and Genealogy
COURSE PREREQUISITES – You must have a basic understanding of a Personal Computer (PC) operating system.
COURSE DESCRIPTION – One 3-hour session weekly for five weeks. You must register before class begins on March 1st. Once registered, you can attend all 5 sessions, or any one session as desired.
Each session will start with a certain topic, and the second half of the session will be an open forum to ask questions about Personal Computer basics, genealogy or the RootsMagic genealogy program.
Students who submit their questions to the instructor in advance of a session, via email, email@example.com, will have priority on question responses.
Topics for the first half: (9 – 10:30):
- Session 1 on March 1 – How to organize your PC with files and folders.
- Session 2 on March 8 – How to download pictures from your phone or camera, file and name them.
- Session 3 on March 15 – How to set up Microsoft Office Outlook to download email.
- Session 4 on March 22 – Getting started in Genealogy.
- Session 5 on March 29 – How to use RootsMagic WebHints, FamilySearch and Ancestry TreeShare.
Second half: Open forum: (10:30 – 12:00).
- Questions about basic PC, genealogy or the RootsMagic genealogy program.
COURSE MATERIALS – You will need a personal flash or jump drive for transporting files between the classroom and home.
Revised: 1 November 2017