Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
11:00AM RootsMagic Genealogy
COURSE NAME – Roots Magic Genealogy
COURSE PREREQUISITES – You must have a basic understanding of a PC or Mac operating system.
COURSE DESCRIPTION – One 90-minute session weekly for five weeks. You must register before class begins on January 4th Once registered, you can attend all 5 sessions, or if experienced with RootsMagic, any one session as desired.
During this course you will be introduced to basic genealogy processes. Using the RootsMagic program, you will learn how to:
- Session 1 on January 4 – Get started using RootsMagic, set defaults, import trees, build your own family tree, and learn the various views available.
- Session 2 on January 11 – Move around the Main Screen, edit people, add/edit facts.
- Session 3 on January 18 – Enter sources, with citations and repositories. Use the Place options.
- Session 4 on January 25 – Add media, such as pictures or documents. Develop various reports for publication.
- Session 5 on February 1 – Use WebHints, FamilySearch and Ancestry TreeShare.
COURSE MATERIALS – You will need a personal flash or jump drive for transporting files between the classroom and home. We will use the classroom PCs or Macs with the latest version of RootsMagic installed.
If you have the program installed on your laptop, you can use that. The instructor is not extremely familiar with Mac computers, so you must know the Mac operating system.
Revised: 28 October 2017
Thursday, January 4, 2018, 11:00 AM until 12:30 PM
Silicon Room (Computer Club Classroom)
is closed - Event is full